Re: click + ubuntu-touch + cocos2d-x

Hello Ionut,
Hi,

I have built a yellow-world app with cocos2d for ubuntu-touch and I wonder where I could find a documentation to learn how to link/install automatically on the device the third party packages it is dependent on. Is there a guideline on how to deploy on ubuntu-touch an app that depends on various packages not installed by default with the system image?
there is no way for a app to install dependencies on the system, instead the app is supposed to ship those missing dependencies in the click package itself.
You can install libraries and binaries you need into the click package:
Libraries go to: <click_root>/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
Binaries go to : <click_root>/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin

Those paths are for armhf only of course. For other architectures just insert the correct gnu triplet.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH are set correctly by the system when starting your app. Common practice is to install the dependencies you need into your build chroot and copy the libraries over when "make install" is executed.

If you need more help you can always find people on IRC in #ubuntu-app-devel. You can also ping me there, my nick is "zbenjamin".
Or just reply here ;).

Best regards,

Benjamin