No Carrier on Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition

I am using Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition Phone.

The carrier is lost when the screen gets locked after preset timing or after there is no activity on the phone. I have to restart the phone everytime to get a GSM carrier signal.

It is for every connection type 2G/3G/4G.

The carrier selection option is set to automatic and I cannot set it to manually either.

Anyone else calling on the number gets intimation that the phone is switched off.

The idea of having a Ubuntu phone is getting defeated here since the phone keeps dropping GSM carrier/signal on its own.

Any help from the community is highly appreciated
Regards

Follow ups