Re: App working in background

On 30.08.2015 20:21, Gran PC wrote:
media-hub wouldn't work for Spotify because that'd require them to put a
non-encrypted version of the music somewhere on the disk. There's a
third-party Spotify app on the store right now called CuteSpotify which
demonstrates the issue nicely.

That isn't true. media-hub doesn't require you to route the audio to it. It abstracts things internally pretty nicely so you could extend it to provide a new internal engine type which allows you to write external engines which then get commands passed in to play/stop/next/... music. This can be loaded from the UI with the general playback API we have from the Qt side but just each song has a URL starting with spotify:// or what ever your engine wants to play.

I know several people were talking about this just someone has to start working on this to get it implemented. However it sounds easy but there are also some details to sort out like how we get the played audio to pulseaudio in a secure way (passing a socket)?

regards,
Simon