Re: (no subject)

W niedziela, 27 września 2015 03:29:58 CEST, James Henstridge napisałeś:
On 27 September 2015 at 02:48, Krzysztof Tataradziński <ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,
I think that for now, in example, scope Today is not useful as it can be.
Lets look at last calls part - If I don't refresh scope, I see last calls
from time scope was refreshed. If I want to see real last calls (when I
made some calls between last refresh of scope and present) I can:
a) refresh Today scope - what is really slow
b) go to calls app - so what is the point of using scope?
In this example (any many others) Scopes philosophy to have faster access
to read data is wrong.

Maybe better solution would be refreshing scope, even in background, when
data changes? It above example scope should refresh data when I make
another call.
In NearBy scope it should refresh when we change position that having an
impact on the results of objects in the nearby (or when we move too fast
(car) and too often (running) - it should adjust, maybe less frequent).

What do you think about that?

We already have some infrastructure in place to auto-refresh certain scopes
when appropriately signaled.  You can see this if you browse to the music
or videos scopes and then copy some music or videos to the phone via USB.
What happens is that the media scanner processes the files as they're
copied and then sends out a D-Bus signal to tell the dash to reload the
relevant scope (it isn't the scope that asks for the refresh, because the
scope process has most likely shut down due to  inactivity at the point the
files are being copied).

So to do what you ask, the phone app would need to signal the dash in the
same way to indicate when the today scope should be refreshed.

James.

There are clearly different types of data the Today scope is showing, some offline and some online. I think offline data (calls, messages) should be current at all times, otherwise, as Krzysztof says, it's useless.

Online data could be refreshed on switching to the scope or manually by pulling down.

I'm still not certain the scope should start with an empty screen; I believe it should show previous online information, gradually replaced with current as it is loaded. If there's a general system "loading" indicator it could be used here, otherwise personally I like information to be light gray, fading to solid colourful as it becomes current.

Dominik

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device