Re: BQ Aquaris 4.5 sound cannot be turned back on

On 09/30/2015 11:53 AM, Pauli Pilvi wrote:
I was in the meeting and turned mute on. Then I had a call which I rejected to call back. I went out and tried to call back, but there was no sound. I tried to reboot the device, but it didn't help. Is there any other way, but to reset the device to get the sound working again?

Pauli, thanks for reporting this. I agree with Pat that you should file a ticket so that we can follow up on this offlist. My first guess is that indicator-sound is crashing for some reason, so please file the ticket at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-sound/+filebug and we'll go from there.

A few questions for the ticket -- is the "Silent Mode" toggle visible for you in system settings > sound? If so, does toggling it have any effect; e.g. does the ringtone page's "The phone is in silent mode" info text disappear when it should? (And if not, does selecting a ringtone play it anyway?)