Re: The problem with "no background processing for apps"

Hey Thomas,

On 02.10.2015 10:54, Thomas Voß wrote:

> We certainly don't. I would argue that compiling code, browsing and
> emailing is not a typical mobile device use-case.
> Now that does not mean that those tasks won't be executed on the
> device, just in a different usage scenario, i.e., docked and connected
> to monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I think it is important for me to fully understand this statement before
I reply to the other mails:

Can you please explain how you mean this exactly? Because my
interpretation is that you are saying "people really don't/shouldn't do
e-mail and web browsing on their mobile device", which is pretty much
what I do 75% of the time on my Android phone. I know a number of people
who don't even have a desktop or notebook anymore, just phones and
tablets, so they do all their browsing and mailing on the device. I
think 90% of the devices on the market cannot even really be docked to
anything?

cheers,
Simon