Re: The problem with "no background processing for apps"

On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 10:17 +0200, Christian Dywan wrote:
> The way I see it you grant permission to a task to continue running
> the same way you confirm that your location can be tracked or the
> camera may be used. You don't have to actually maintain a list unless
> you think you gave permission to the wrong one. And the decision is
> always up to you, nothing can secretly hog your cpu.

This would strike me as annoying. Firstly, if I do want to background
the task, I would need to wait for the popup before I can switch apps.
Secondly, if I don't want to background a task, I'm going to keep
getting annoying popups everytime I run a task like 'top', which for me
is more frequent than the times I actually want to background a task. A
simple explicit command for when I want to background a task would work
perfectly for me. It would also mean I don't have to mark a command to
run in the background always, I can selectively run it in the background
on some occassions and not others.