Re: WARNING (Data loss): Back up your phone contacts before updating to the latest rc-proposed image

No, all of the contacts on my phone were deleted because the (unrequested)
sync deleted all of them.

Am Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2015 schrieb Simos Xenitellis :

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Niklas Wenzel <nikwen.developer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just lost two thirds of my phone contacts (with no backup) and I
wanted to make sure it doesn't happen to you as well.

>> A few minutes ago I upgraded my Nexus 4 to the latest rc-proposed image
and instantly after rebooting it started a Google contacts sync. I've never
done that before nor had I enabled it in the settings app. Due to the fact
that my Gmail address book is always presented first when creating a new
contact, lots of people whom I had handed my phone to entered their numbers
into my Gmail address book instead of the system/personal one.
>> Now when doing the contacts sync, my phone deleted all of these contacts.
>
> To make this clear, did the sync go towards the wrong direction (the
empty local addressbook was pushed to the full online Google addressbook)?
> Google Contacts have some versioning and you can recover/restore deleted
contacts if you do this within 30 days of the mishap.
http://blog.backupify.com/2013/10/14/google-apps-recovery-restore-lost-gmail-contacts/
> Simos
>>
>> In order to prevent this, make sure to
>>
>> 1) Turn all manually entered Gmail contacts into ones in the
system/personal address book.
>> 2) Back up your contacts before updating your phone. I think they should
be in ~/.local/share/evolution, but no guarantee.

>> By the way, I won't have time to file a bug report before the weekend if
anyone comes up with that suggestion.