Ethernet to USB Adapter

Hello,
I'm working on a developing an new device at the Draegerwerk AG & Co.KGaA.
I'm also evaluating the possibilities of the Aquaris E4.5 and Ubuntu Phone OS for the new device.
Therefore I'm trying to connect a USB-to-Ethernet-Adapter to the Aquaris E4.5.
The Goal is to communicate from the Phone to Draeger devices using the Ethernet network.
 To achieve that I downloaded the kernel sources from https://github.com/bq/aquaris-E4.5.git.
Afterwards I manipulated the 'project' file at /aquaris-E4.5/mediatek/config/krillin/autoconfig/kconfig:
Here is what I Changed:
# USB Network Adapter

CONFIG_USB_USBNET_MII=y
CONFIG_USB_USBNET=m
CONFIG_USB_NET_AX8817X=m
CONFIG_USB_NET_AX88179_178A=m
CONFIG_USB_NET_CDCETHER=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_EEM=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_NCM=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_HUAWEI_CDC_NCM=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_MBIM=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_DM9601=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_SR9700=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_SR9800=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_SMSC75XX=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_SMSC95XX=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_GL620A=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_NET1080=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_PLUSB=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_MCS7830=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_RNDIS_HOST=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_SUBSET=n
CONFIG_USB_ALI_M5632=n
CONFIG_USB_AN2720=n
CONFIG_USB_BELKIN=n
CONFIG_USB_ARMLINUX=n
CONFIG_USB_EPSON2888=n
CONFIG_USB_KC2190=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_ZAURUS=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_CX82310_ETH=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_KALMIA=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_QMI_WWAN=n
CONFIG_USB_NET_INT51X1=n
CONFIG_USB_SIERRA_NET=n

CONFIG_MTK_ION_DEBUG=n
CONFIG_USB_MTK_DEBUG_FS=n
CONFIG_USB_MTK_DEBUG=n
I was able to build the kernel using the sudo ./makeMtk -t krillin n k command and the boot.img using the ./mkbootimg.sh script in the 'testboot' directory.
After flashing the boot.img on the Aquaris and moving the new drivers mii.ko, usbnet.ko und asix.ko to the Phone I was able to load these three drivers with
'insmod'. Now I added the following lines at the /etc/network/interface:
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
 After I plugged in the USB-to-Ethernet-Adapter and started the eth0 with 'sudo ifup eth0'  I was able to see the interface with 'ifconfig:
 eth0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:80:C8:F8:4A:51
            inet addr:192.168.1.1  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
            collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
            RX bytes:0 (0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0 B)
Now I it was possible to communicate over Ethernet to different devices. But another problem occurred. The phone shuts down communication to the
Internet through the SIM card and it isn't possible to make any calls. The command 'nmcli' gives the following output:

DEVICE    TYPE    STATE                                  CONNECTION
ril_0           gsm     disconnected                  --
ril_1           gsm     unavaible                          --
etc...

'dmesg' gives:
[ccci/net] (1)CCMNI0 close

The phone starts to react quite slow on all commands, like changing the app. With the top command I could see that there were like 200 MB free cache space.
Is there any way to fix this Problem or to maybe an easier way to connect an USB-to-Ethernet-Adapter to the Phone?
Best regards,
Ilja Stechmann

Werkstudent/ Working Student
R&D Line Organization

Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
Moislinger Allee 53-55
23558 Lübeck, Germany

ilja.stechmann@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilja.stechmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
www.draeger.com<http://www.draeger.com/>
Dräger. Technology for Life ®

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered office: Lübeck; Handelsregister/Commercial register: Amtsgericht/Local court Lübeck HRB 7903 HL
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Schweickart Komplementär/General partner: Drägerwerk Verwaltungs AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered office: Lübeck; Handelsregister/Commercial register: Amtsgericht/Local court Lübeck HRB 7395 HL
Vorstand/Executive Board: Stefan Dräger (Vors./chairm.), Dr. Herbert Fehrecke, Gert-Hartwig Lescow, Anton Schrofner
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Schweickart
---
This communication contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please return this email to the sender and delete it from your records.
Diese Nachricht enthaelt vertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger dieser E-mail sein, senden Sie bitte diese an den Absender zurueck und loeschen Sie die E-mail aus Ihrem System.

Follow ups