Re: OTA-7 on bq e4.5 - first impressions

Il 21/10/2015 08:34, Timo Jyrinki ha scritto:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:57 AM, Ari Börde Kröyer <ari.kroyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The screen very frequently does not wake up until the "on" button has been
pressed 3 times. Today, I also had to press it 4-5 times on a few occasions.

I don't see that on my Bq, or not at least identically. Occasionally I
find myself pressing the button the second time so that it immediately
darkens the screen away. I'm not sure but there may be something racy
going on so that the next immediate press again just wakes up the
screen and immediately turns it off again. But if I wait 1-2 seconds
before I press the second (/third) time, it works as it should.

Most of the time however the first press works correctly for me and
without delay.

Same here, not an issue at all in my case.

Scrolling in general is often accompanied by screen lag.

The Unity 8 scrolling is still not smooth, I agree. If you do a smooth
scrolling gesture, there are hickups here and there. Browser seems
better to me, to the extent it does not bother me if the page is fully
loaded, but still not perfect.

Same impression; smoothness is not exceptional, but good. Very good in browser and webapps.

Starting the message service is still very slow. It takes a few seconds
before the messages turn up, then 10+ seconds until the phone numbers are
converted to names from the address book. After this you can select a
message thread, but you have to wait another few seconds before it turns up
on the screen. Entering the message is also frequently accompanied by lag.
Then, when you send the message, you usually have to hit the send icon at
least twice and wait another3-4 seconds for there to be a visible result.

It seems 3 seconds to start on my Bq (too slow, but we need to wait
for further app startup improvements), but names are up in 2 seconds
after that. Opening a thread takes 1 second.

3 seconds, 1 second here. Not too bad, but I do not use SMS very often.

I've about 200 names in address book and a few tens of message threads.

1200 names, few tens here.

It would be interesting to know where the differences come from. Maybe
simply the amount of message threads or the amount of messages, I
don't have too many of those.

Yes, we should try to compare behaviour in similar conditions, or taking in account differences.

rob