About Porting Ubuntu Touch to a Cyanogen-supported Phone

Hi all,
First of, I had been working on Android platform development for a while.
>From that experience, I have some familiarity with Android build system and
Linux kernel building.
Now that I just got a new phone, I am very interested to take the challenge
of porting ubuntu-touch to my old phone, HTC One m7.

I've browsed around xda-developers and ubuntu-touch sites, but I can't find
much useful information regarding ubuntu-touch on my device. The page that
ubuntu-touch site has (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices/M7) is very
outdated and so is the xda-developers thread linked there.
The porting guide on ubuntu-touch site (
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/porting-new-device/)
is very useful. However, the tree used there seems to be heavily-based on
AOSP, instead of Cyanogen. As an example, it lacks porting-related scripts
that are available on regular cyanogen 10 tree. Furthermore, it also lacks
things like cyanogen's vendor-related folders.

I'd like to ask some advice:
1. Is there already any wiki on bringing ubuntu-touch over to a
cyanogen-supported device?
2. I plan to understand how cyanogen tree supports my device, then do the
same to get ubuntu-touch tree to support my device. Does this plan sound
reasonable? If not, what would you recommend?
3. Any other advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Follow ups