Mx4 unresponsive

Hello
Wondered if anyone else here had experienced this problem with their phone.
A few times I've gone to wake my phone which has a dark screen.  I push the power button and no response.
Very strangly the home button lights up when I touch it,  but no response from the screen. It indicates the phone is on,  but the screen isn't.
The only way I can get the phone out of this state,  is to hold the power button down.  It will then restart.
I've had this happen to me a few times now.
While in this state nothing seem to function including the alarm.
Thanks
--
Sent from my Ubuntu desktop

Follow ups