Re: AllSeen Alliance

Hi Krzysztof,

sadly there are at least thirteen of these IoT Alliances (I know of
IPSO, Intel IoT Solutions, AllSeen, AIOTI, Open Interconnect, the
Bluetooth SIG, LoRa, Hypercat, Zigbee, Z-Wave, Acer Open C&C, the Thread
Group and the Bridge Alliance) and they all think they have the one true
solution.

If I interpret
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2015/05/11/iot-world-canonical-industry-leaders-drive-iot-commercialization/
right, Canonical focuses on providing the operating system layer
(Snappy) and lets other people decide what software they run on top of it.

In theory Canonical doesn't really have to "get the phone working" with
appliances as long as they can be talked to over some technology the
phone supports (at the moment WiFi and Bluetooth). Take for example the
"Shine" app by Michael Zanetti, it has been talking to Philips Hue lamps
for months already. Add background processing and notifications and
somebody can just write apps for those thirteen other IoT standards.

cheers,
Simon