Re: no OTA-8 notice on my MX4

On 24 November 2015 at 10:33, alex <thezal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the OTA-8 has been released, but my MX4 does not receive any notice about
> it..
> The phone regularly downloads updates (r177 today) and i'd like to know if
> this (no OTA-8 notice) is a right situation.

If you're getting regular (daily) updates then you're not on the
"stable" channel which OTA-8 was delivered to, but more likely you're
on a channel which is giving you images which eventually get promoted
to an "OTA" update. So right now you're actually running code newer
than OTA-8.

You can see what channel you're on with the following command:-

>From a desktop over USB:-

adb shell system-image-cli --info

Or directly in the terminal:-

system-image-cli --info

I'd imagine you're on some rc-proposed channel, which is fine, but
isn't as well tested as the stable channel.

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy
+44 (0) 7973 620 164