Re: Telepathy on the phone

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:36 PM, sturmflut <sturmflut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good morning dear list,
>
> I was thinking about making an IRC client that can also run in the
> background on the phone and e.g. create a notification when my nickname
> is mentioned on some channel. Now if I remember correctly, the intended
> way to go was using the Telepathy framework.

There is actually a better way for supporting IRC. Enable one of the
common irc bouncers to report mentionings
of nicknames/topics etc. via our push notification infrastructure.
With that, the common case of connection loss on a mobile device
will not affect user experience and you can enjoy all your irc logs
from all your devices without issues.

> Can somebody give us some details on when this feature will land, how it
> will be implemented, what exactly Telepathy plugins will be able to do etc.?

We will be able to share information about this feature in the not
too-distant future.

Cheers,

  Thomas