Re: BlueZ 5.x finally landed on Touch

On 24.11.2015 16:42, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Michael Zanetti
> <michael.zanetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:michael.zanetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
> wrote:
>
>     Can you please try to disable WiFi and see if that has an effect on it?
>

> Is there a bug for this?
>
> When I go out for a run (jog really), on the arale I run the Activity
> Tracker and Podbird with my BT ear buds.
> After some time I lose GPS and BT (seems to be at the same time), but
> ever since I go out with wifi turned off, it is all good.
>
> When driving and using BT I often experience cuts too, that said, it has
> yet to happen with bluez 5.

Not working on Bluetooth in Ubuntu, but having a bit of experience with
Bluetooth in general, I suspect the Bluetooth and WiFi coexistence modes
in the chip being rather poor, or perhaps not even enabled in the
driver. Given both operate in the same wireless frequency, they mostly
share the same antenna nowadays. If WiFi is not explicitly taking care
of the coexistence mode, it will trash enough Bluetooth packets for you
to notice cuts in audio streaming whenever it does a scan for networks.

No idea how that affects GPS tho. I know there chips on the market which
ship WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS (mostly also FM radio) all in one.
Depending on what goes wrong it might indeed take down all that stuff at
the same time.