Re: image server

Hello Timo!

Let me try explaining the system image config syntax for you.

W dniu 25.11.2015 o 16:52, Timo Leppiniemi pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install a image-server but I have hard time understanding the config syntax in couple of places.
>
> I followed the guide here https://www.stgraber.org/2014/02/11/your-own-ubuntu-touch-image-server/
>
> I someone could explain the syntax of these lines;
>
> files = ubuntu, device, custom-savilerow, keyring, version
> file_ubuntu = remote-system-image;https://system-image.ubuntu.com;trusty-proposed;ubuntu
> file_device = remote-system-image;https://system-image.ubuntu.com;trusty-proposed;device;keyring=archive-master
> file_custom-savilerow = http;https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/savilerow-trusty/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/custom.tar.xz;name=custom-savilerow,monitor=https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/savilerow-trusty/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/build_number
> file_keyring = keyring;archive-master
> file_version = version
>
> Mostly the remote-system-image lines. I would like to use devel-proposed version of 15.04 rootfs packages.

Each image is built from a number of different tarballs that make up the
image - for touch those are basically: ubuntu (the rootfs), device
(device specifics), custom (per-channel customization additions, like
additional clicks etc.) and version (information about the version and
channel). Each channel config starts with the list of files it provides,
so those need to be listed in a comma-separated list as you see above.
Each file can also be device specific, for instance: device,arale would
mean that there's a different device tarball for the arale device.

Then, each of the files gets a separate line like 'file_device = '. Each
line defines from where to fetch the selected tarball and how to notice
that a new one is available. This is done by so called 'generators'. The
remote-system-image generator fetches tarballs from a remote
system-image server as per the given URL. The general format is:

remote-system-image;<URL>;<REMOTE CHANNEL>;<TARBALL>

The example config above also uses another generator, http, which can be
used to fetch the selected tarballs from a specific URL. The monitor=
argument is a special URL that will be watched by the server for changes
- and whenever the file on the URL changes, system-image will know that
there's a new tarball available it's supposed to fetch it from the base URL.

So that's more or less it.

I do not understand what you want to fetch though, as you mention you
want devel-proposed version of 15.04 rootfs packages - which doesn't
make much sense. devel-proposed is currently based on 16.04, it's
rc-proposed that's 15.04. If you want to use one of those rootfs, you
can use the remote-system-image generator and fetch the ubuntu tarballs
from the ubuntu-touch/x/ubuntu channels (x being either devel-proposed
or rc-proposed, depending on what you need).

Hope this helps!

> The other problem is that I cannot find any guides on how to build the custom images to be used with the server.
> I mean I have compiled a custom kernel and done a custom boot.img, recovery.img etc but how can I combine all these as a working bundle?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Timo Leppiniemi

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak