Landing team 27.11.15

Hello everyone,

Happy Friday! Landing-wise we had a new unity-scope-click,
indicator-location (with layout changes and additions), address-book app
and service, webbrowser-app (bug fixes and making menus flickable) and a
new ubuntu-themes. I also forgot to mention a big important late-evening
media-hub landing from Wednesday with background playlist fixes - as
mentioned by Jim, right now there's nothing stopping clients from fully
utilizing background playlists anymore. Nice. The music-app supporting
all the new changes will only land around OTA-9 though, when all this
will get released to the stable channel.

>From other news: we promoted new images to the devel channel today
(based on the latest devel-proposed images). That being said, important
disclaimer: the devel channel is only intended for 'development', not
any real usage. The just promoted images have multiple issues and are
not guaranteed to give you a working phone - QA only made sure that the
basic features useful for development are working (bootability,
networking, shell). Telephony does work, but there are issues with
scopes and apps. We decided to promote it since we just want to give
developers a more recent build (based on xenial) to work on and test.

Of course, stable, rc and rc-proposed stays our focus.

Have a nice weekend!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#190 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/190.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Ubuntu-emulator is broken on rc image 3
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phablet-tools/+bug/1517597

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,