Re: Telegram

El día Monday, November 30, 2015 a las 04:46:04PM +0100, Ed Kapitein escribió:

> Hi,
>
> There is some debate about how safe telegram is.
> For those who are interested, the full article is at [1].
>
> Kind regards,
> Ed
>
> [1] https://oflisback.github.io/telegram-stalking/

The article matches my experience with the Telegram client on the BQ. I
ported the mentioned cli client to the BQ and could proof this. In
addition to the mentioned problems, the Telegram clients and protocol
violates the privacy of the receiver by letting the sender know when the receiver has
the message on the screen. There has been a long discussion here in the
list about this and even an issue in LP. Both (Canonical and Telegram)
claim this read-notification being a feature and not a bug or privacy
violation.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, 🌐 http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045