[Development] Accessing GSM/UMTS call audio and initiating calls from Ubuntu phone

Hi,

I would like to create a SIP to GSM bridge using a mobile phone to create a
phone sized single-channel Voip GSM gateway.

Ideally a SIP server would run on the phone o/s and accept SIP calls coming
to the phone over TCP/IP via a Wifi connection. The phone's SIP server
would initiate the call using the GSM modem (using AT commands to dial the
destination number) and then bridge the audio from the SIP side to the GSM
side.

Is the call audio available to applications on Ubuntu phone in this way?

This might be a feature of the particular baseband firmware on the GSM
chip, but I asked BQ about their handsets and they pointed me in the
direction of this mailing list to ask.

Thanks for any help!

David Morris
3G Telecommunications Limited