Re: Kernel customisation, any background on this?

On 2015-12-08 17:43 , sturmflut wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> (I saw your later reply, but was already pretty much finished writing
> this long list of sadness, so I sent it anyways for future reference).

Thanks for the list of sadness.  It's always nice to know specifically
what I'm sad about, rather than having to guess.

I remember seeing before that ARMv8 had UEFI and that might change
things.  I get the impression from what I read that chipset
manufacturers aren't much enjoying sitting on hundreds of thousands of
lines of code that they have to maintain themselves.  So perhaps I might
be able to buy such a phone in 2017 or so.  And then people can start
working on how to make it not fundamentally insecure.  One step at a time...

Anyway, I guess the lesson is people who enjoy phones and sausages
shouldn't watch either of them being made.