Landing team 11.12.15

Hello everyone,

Our QA team has finished testing the latest OTA-8.5 candidate with no
blockers found. The image now goes into the final testing phase and
should be made available to users around Tuesday/Wednesday next week.
Big thanks to all developers and testers involved!

More OTA-9 landings today. The stable overlay had a new
ubuntu-ui-toolkit release with a lot of bugfixes and features, a new
media-hub, a backported gstreamer from xenial, a new click and a big
unity8 landing (with all related components like: qtmir, qtubuntu etc.)
- including lifecycle improvements, convergence and general bugfixes.
It's hard to write all changes provided by those packages (it's a huge
list) so, as always, I recommend checking out our changes mailing-list [1].

We also used the occasion to sync some changes into the touch seeds,
removing some unneeded packages (freeing up space) and adding a new
language pack that we missed.

Starting next week I'll start gathering some information about which
parts of the phone would require additional developer attention for
people from the community and mentioning those here. sturmflut
recommended this idea and I think it might be a useful addition to our
dailies.

Have a nice weekend!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#201 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/201.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,