Re: FM Radio Status

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Alberto Mardegan
<alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 17.12.2015 12:01, sturmflut wrote:
>> Good morning dear list,
>>
>> it's time for the "good news, bad news" part again.
>
> Thanks Simon for looking into this!
>
> In your previous mail, you mentioned that another possibility is to use
> the android library via libhybris; wouldn't that eliminate the need of
> figuring out the magic numbers and setup the audio system? Or did I
> misunderstand something?

The complication is that fm radio is highly vendor-specific and it
ultimately boils down
to a maintenance problem. In addition, the android libraries *might*
require certain parts of android
running that are not present in our container.

With that, if we can solely rely on ioctl's, it is easier to just fold
those into one app and keep the maintenance burden to a minimum.