Re: Syncthing

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Neil McPhail <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One of the requirements for the Open Store submission is that the app be open source, with a link to the source used to build the app. Looking at the build documentation, this looks easier than I thought. They provide a
docker build image which can build all architectures from git
automatically, so it should be fairly easy to get an ARM build.

The point of this restriction is to give Michael Zanetti a chance to do a security review of the code. I don't know for sure, but he may be willing to accept a binary provided by a reputable open-source project like Syncthing. I'm sure he'd insist on being able to verify that binary; I'd suggest making the downloading of it part of your build process. But do get in touch with Michael before doing a lot of work in any direction on this. He's a nice guy, and I'm sure he'd be happy to figure out a solution with you.

Robert