Re: Fwd: Re: [idea] how to get popular apps from other mobile markets

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Max Kristen <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So you are saying it is possible to implement a setting, to enable all
> phone traffic to go through tor? This would be an amazing feature, and
> very distinct from all other platforms.

That’s not exactly what I said.
Tor exposes a socks proxy which applications can connect to to route
their traffic through it. Applications need to use the system proxy
settings for this to work though, if an application chooses to ignore
the proxy settings, its traffic won’t go through tor.
As far as the browser is concerned, it is already proxy-aware (modulo
the bug I mentioned earlier, which should be easy enough to address).
Other applications may need to be made proxy-aware.