Landing team 05.01.16

Hello everyone,

Multiple landings happening today, with a few to mention being: new
qtubuntu, qtmir, ubuntu-download-manager (total size fixes),
indicator-sound + unity8 (volume control sync fixes) and qtmultimedia. A
new device tarball for the arale fixing some of the power-drain
regressions also got signed off by QA today, ready to land soon.

Today we also decided to delay the OTA-9 release date by a week. It
seems there's still a lot of fixes we would need to include before
release and just one week doesn't seem to be enough for most developers
to be done in time. The feature freeze still stays today, but all the
other deadlines are moved:

 - Feature/String Freeze: 5th of January
 - Final Freeze: 15th of January
 - OTA-9 planned release date: 27th of January

We apologize for the schedule change but without it we would probably
have to re-spin the candidate image anyway, with the final release
happening being delayed similarly. This way we can at least spend more
time on polishing the image.

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#221 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/221.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** Ubuntu-emulator is broken on rc image 3
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597
 -> There still seem to be issues with the emulator both on rc-proposed
and devel-proposed - might block stable promotion

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak