Re: Find out if running on a phone

> Yes, as I said in the other mail, this approach sounds definitely wrong
> to me. What you really want is to find out whether the android
> hardware/drivers are around or not.

Right. I agree with the concerns about it being hacky, I don’t like it either.

It turns out that testing for the presence/absence of /usr/lib/<arch>/libhybris works (at least at the moment) to distinguish touch from the desktop. I tested on the phone and on my Chromebook, and get the right answers.

But it turns out that the point may well be moot. I re-enabled concurrent extraction for audio and video files on my Chromebook, just to see how it’ll go. Turns out that codecs get stuck and just hang on my Chromebook when more than one runs at a time, so we can’t enable concurrent extraction on Arm anyway for the time being.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Cheers,

Michi.