Landing team 12.01.16

Hello everyone,

We're getting closer to being change-ready for OTA-9. Still some things
on our radar though, with a big qtmir landing getting ready + a new
trust-store release soon in the queue. We are also hoping to get some
emulator fixes in before the release - in case we don't, we might
cherry-pick those later and do a separate emulator only release. It's
been a very long time since we last had a new generic image promoted.

Landing wise, since yesterday's e-mail, we had: a new libhybris and
android to enable camera access in the webbrowser (+ some other fixes),
messaging-app and dialer-app enabling the new address-book header,
address-book-app with a new bottom edge and a bugfix release for
ubuntu-download-manager.

>From other news: we slightly changed the commitlog URL paths, making
them more related to the channel and device they were generated against.
Also, starting from today, for each new image we also generate symlinks
to the same rootfs commitlog for all other relevant channels and
devices. So now if you're using a different device than the krillin, you
can see what landed in the new rc-proposed images by looking up its
image number in the respective channel/device directory. I will try to
get most of the previous commitlogs linked for those as well tomorrow.

So, if you're using an arale, fronm now on look for your image's
commitlogs here:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/

>From other useful tools we would like to remind everyone of
Jean-Baptiste's touch version decoder ring:
http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qa/touch-version-decoder-ring/

The Landing Team Tools branch has a similar CLI tool called map-image,
you can get that (and more) through bzr branch lp:landing-team-tools .
Remember though that those are all unofficial tools.

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#226 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/226.commitlog
#220 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/220.commitlog
#215 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/215.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

* Blocking issues (devel):

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak