Landing team 18.01.16

Hello everyone,

OTA-9 preparation and testing week is on! On Saturday we had our first
'preliminary' candidate built on which QA started testing early in the
morning. We didn't get all the fixes by Friday though, so we had to do a
re-spin after the mir release fixing the pinch-to-zoom reliability
landed in the overlay. This newly built image essentially became our
first official release candidate and got copied to the rc channel for
further testing (tagget OTA-9-rc).

This time our Ubuntu QA team will use the whole week for testing,
handing over the image for final tests further on Friday. We will do at
least one more re-spin with updated translations + the new camera-app in
the nearest days (maybe the new music-app too), but all the required
core landings are now in place. All rc rebuilds will now be happening in
the rc channel using the snapshot-ppa.

We didn't yet copy the meizu.zh images to the rc channel as the new
custom tarball still didn't land - we'll know more about this tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for no blocking regressions!

Oh, and since it's Monday today, we have also promoted new
devel-proposed images to the devel channel. The promotion criteria are
really low here, so do not expect a working system - use only for +1
development purposes.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#233 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/233.commitlog
#232 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/232.commitlog

#227 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/227.commitlog
#226 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/226.commitlog

#222 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/222.commitlog
#221 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/221.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak