Landing team 21.01.16

Hello everyone,

OTA-9 image candidate testing is almost complete. So far the only big
and worrying issue that QA found is the one we already mentioned
yesterday: bug LP: #1536133 [1]. Currently it doesn't seem to be a
regression in content-hub but more of an issue in qtmir - the developers
are now investigating to see how bad it is in reality. We're still not
sure if this will be blocking the release though as the bug doesn't
happen all the time (while still being very frequent though). It also
depends on how soon we'll be able to get a fix. One possibility is that
the fix will be postponed to OTA-9.5 which we might release in around 2
weeks time. But more about particular dates and plans next week in a
proper and official announcement.

Today we also did the aforementioned rc rebuild with new translations
(possibly our final re-spin if we don't decide to wait for the fix for
[1]). Since our final freezes are now happening on Fridays, we will most
probably move the translation auto-uploads to end-of-week as well so
that the last image of a week has all the translations pulled in.

Besides that, no OTA-9+ landings going through the train today. There
are new refreshed device tarballs planned for the mako and flo devices
to be released soon, probably around tomorrow. We'll see more landings
most probably starting next week.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#237 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/237.commitlog

#231 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/231.commitlog

#226 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/226.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

** [1] Apps (gallery, camera) still visible in the spread when open from
the content picker and cannot be reopen
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1536133

Best regards,

--