Landing team 22.01.16

Hello everyone,

OTA-9 candidate image testing has finished - we now have some bad news
and good news. The bad part is that QA found two blocking issues we
decided to fix before releasing the update. One of it is the
already-mentioned qtmir issue, another is a security bug in unity8. The
good news though is that both already have a fix and are being tested by
QA as we speak. If all goes good we should have a new, hopefully final
candidate built later today/tomorrow morning and handed over to QA for
testing early Monday. This should delay us up to one day maximum.

Today only one landing going into rc-proposed so far: a new
ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts bugfix. Nothing too exciting.

We also updated the ReleaseSchedule [1] for our Ubuntu Touch upgrades
according to all the recent changes - if you're interested in the which
stages we generally follow, feel free to take a look at the wiki page.

We would like to use this occasion to start putting a bit more emphasis
on all the emulator issues we're seeing on rc-proposed. We decided not
to block on those this release again, but it's about time to finally get
things back to shape:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image?field.searchtext=emulator

Have a great weekend!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#239 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/239.commitlog

#233 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/233.commitlog

#228 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/228.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Apps (gallery, camera) still visible in the spread when open from the
content picker and cannot be reopen
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1536133
=> Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak