Re: Mobile data switch on Network Indicator

But then again all the good stuffs in the indicator will not be accessible as well if you turn it off.I'd say the solution would be to pick one by one which indicator will be available from the lock screen. Well that's a different issue altogether. We need the mobile data switch now and maybe the security part comes later.

      From: Richard Somlói <level@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: Peter Valachovic <peter.valachovic@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ubuntu Phone <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 3:41 PM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Mobile data switch on Network Indicator

You can disable the access of the Launcher and Quick Settings under System Settings, when the phone is locked. So that's not an issue.

  I understand simplicity you ask for and from certain point of view i like it,
 there is one more concern with mobile data switching on and off from drop down menu, it's security

 the way it is now user have this option behind the lock code of the phone, so no mean people can turn on owners cellular data and spend his money, if you set up this switch into the drop-down menu it will be completely unprotected to these jokes.

 For me it would be nice to have possibility to setup feature like this (e.g. in cellular under cellular data have switch "show in Network screen")

 Peter V