Remote control phone?

So, my BQ has finally died as I knew it would. That little crack has become a spiders web across most of the screen and it took 80% of the digitizer with it. I can answer calls and toggle the bluetooth but that's about it.

The replacement screen has been ordered but may take as long as until early March to arrive! In the meantime I understand that OTA9 will bring the features which may possibly allow my smart watch to function, so great! I'll be able to make phone calls again. If only I were able to apply the updates.

So, is there any way I can use the SDK to remotely control my phone or to instruct it to apply the updates?

Follow ups