Landing team 28.01.16

Hello everyone,

We're getting close to our OTA-9.5 final freeze date. We can already
sense that not everything will be able to land before the freeze, so the
image we'll be spinning during the weekend will most probably not be our
final candidate. We're also considering pulling in all the current fixes
from rc-proposed as almost all of them would be welcome for our hotfix
release. Still, we'll see how the situation resolves tomorrow.

Today we landed one of the bigger required silos for the upcoming
milestone: a new android-headers, bluetooth-touch, gst-plugins-bad1.0,
libhybris, libinput and media-hub - a lot of the low-level stack
compoments. The other requirement - mir 0.19, is now in QA testing. The
big Unity8 silo for OTA-9.5 is also nearing its completion and will
hopefully land before the freeze. Fingers crossed.

As for OTA-9 - please remember to fill in any bugs you encounter after
the upgrade on the respective project's launchpad page (if it's hard to
find the exact project, use canonical-devices-system-image [1]). This
will help the target developers noticing your issues and working on
fixes. Thanks!

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#244 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/244.commitlog

#238 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/238.commitlog

#233 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/233.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

** Unity8 is crashing in the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1535583

Best regards,