Re: OTA-9 some new bugs

Thanks for the feedback and please see my comments below for the bugs that
my team is responsible for

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Krzysztof Tataradziński <
ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm right after full wipe (with --bootstrap option), image with OTA-9, to
>> do some 'clean' tests and found some new bugs.
>>
>> 1. Regarding
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1521159
>> bug expanded - I found one person in my favorite tab in phone that was
>> there some time ago (but I've deleted it from there in
>> google.com/contacts) - now I've marked 4 contacts with a star - none of
>> them are in favorite tab in Contacts app. Even more, I can't find some
>> contacts in phone in normal 'All contacts' tab (yes, I can see them in
>> google.com/contacts and in android phone contacts app), approximately
>> 4-10 contacts missing in app. Maybe API changed?
>>
>> About that, I think that's false alarm for now. I found where was problem
> - probably one of syncs MX4 with my Google contacts account caused
> displacement some contacts into 'Other' and removed it from 'My contacts'
> group.

Ok, good to know

>> 2. Tagger - known bug - really annoying.

Which bug exactly?

>> 3. Camera app with MX4.
>> a) When I switched first time to front camera and go to resolution
>> options I found that there was some '5:4' (or sth similar) option without
>> (x.x MP) string chosen by default. I've changed into 7:4 (2.1MP) and that
>> 'old' '5:4' disappeared (sounds good) - point is that there should be any
>> '5:4' option at default to choose in front camera.

Indeed, that seems to be a bug. Bug report filed here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1539701

> b) Flash don't work while taking photos, even when I 'force' to use it in
>> options.

This is an issue only when the phone is plugged into USB and is not new to
ota9. Try unplugging and the flash should work for you. Filed bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/camera-app/+bug/1539708

>> 4. Why Ubuntu/Canonical apparently from one OTA to next OTA leave-as-is
>> features that don't work? Example:
>> a) Soundcloud scope - since I bought my phone (summer 2015), I can't
>> login into my account in that scope.
>> b) Youtube scope and settings in Accounts part in System settings: can't
>> login in scope, switch in Accounts part regarding Google's Youtube also
>> don't work.
>> It should be repaired or removed (I mean only login buttons and switch in
>> system settings) from default OS images until fix.

Are there specific bugs filed for these issues? If not, please file bugs
with steps to reproduce and we'll do our best to get them prioritized and
fixed as soon as we can.

>> I'm really supporting Ubuntu as much as I can (recently a little less,
>> because I changed my job and do not have time :/), but there are some bugs
>> for a long time that makes me really angry, like
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1473668

We have done a lot of work to try and solve this issue, but it's not solved
yet. We continue to work on it. I've updated the bug with the relevant
status.

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/camera-app/+bug/1471666

Bug updated, really a feature request

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/address-book-app/+bug/1483662

Bug updated, really a feature request

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-datetime/+bug/1401802
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtmultimedia-opensource-src/+bug/1420896
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1472631
>>

>> or plenty in
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-application-lifecycle
>> and many of them even without comment/ask for help/explanation where is
>> the problem to fix bug.
>> Is there anything we can do to speed up bug fixing process? Maybe there
>> should be some 1-3 days event called 'Ubuntu mobile bug Day', when people
>> meet and work with solving small, but annoying bugs as many as can they? Or
>> maybe cooperate with technical universities - for now there is many
>> possibility to 'use' students (as well with benefits that students get
>> (knowledge, IT tools, significant relationship)? In my technical university
>> it works really good (we have mainly Apple and Microsoft).

These are good ideas. Please know that we appreciate the bug reports and
feedback. There are thousands of bugs and we cannot get to all of them
obviously, but can do more to make sure the comments and status in them are
up to date.

The best way to track what bugs we plan on fixing in upcoming ota's is to
look at this:
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestones and you
can click on the upcoming milestone (like ota9.5 and ota10) to see what
bugs are targeted for those releases. If you don't see your bug on that
list most likely it's not getting fixed for the near term.

If you have bugs that are important to you that haven't been getting
attention, please let us know (like you've been doing) and we'll take that
into consideration when triaging bugs for an upcoming ota or future release.

thanks,
Bill