Re: UITK Bugs

Ahh... my previous mail went out accidentally... So let's start all over :)

Hello Daniel,

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Daniel Wood <s.d.wood.82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problem as described here:
> https://plus.google.com/104470462565851394948/posts/58xHJVYUYmj
>
> The adaptivepagelayout changes the primary column height to match the
> child column height. This is unexpected behaviour and i was wondering if it
> would be possible to override the default behaviour?

Well, the "unexpected behaviour" is a bit harsh for a behaviour UX decided
to be mandatory :) Yes, we have to align the header heights in each column,
and we do not provide (yet) any possibilities to override that behaviour.

> I am unable to access irc during the normal workings hours to discuss the
> issue. I thought i could file a bug here
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit but thats not possible either.

This is the project link, and bugs must be filed for the package, following
the link Mike already posted previously.

So yes, in order to proceed with this you should file a bug, but not just
for the toolkit, you should link the one also for the "Ubuntu UX" project
(!! so not package this time, project). Then we can grab designers to deal
with the issue and, if decided, we will implement the feature. In the worst
case we will have some property somewhere which will allow you to
link/unlink a header from having its height adjusted.

And just drop an email to us, or ping us on IRC, we will see it and reply
at any time of the day :)

Cheers,
Zsombor