Re: [Challenge] Ebook reader

On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 15:19 -0500, Robert Schroll wrote:
> > 9) It should be possible to sync the library, reading positions etc
> > to a
> > central source
>
> I purposefully architected Beru so that the reading positions and other
> settings were stored in their own U1DB that could be synchronized over
> Ubuntu One.  And then Ubuntu One shut down.

Ubuntu One is not shut down. What was shut down was the file/music
sync/streaming/storage/store services. U1DB is still up AFAIK, and
Ubuntu One is still the SSO account infrastructure for Ubuntu. Also,
anyone can run a U1DB server and you could sync the db in your app to
any U1DB server that supports sync. You just need some way to configure
it and trigger the sync.