Re: 32 bits apps on the M10 tablet

hi,
Am Freitag, den 05.02.2016, 11:29 +0300 schrieb Alberto Mardegan:
> Hi all!
>   A question for those working on the just announced M10 tablet: will we
> be able to run 32bit arm applications (that is, the same binaries we are
> producing for the phones) on it?
> As far as I understand, the CPU is capable of running both 64 and 32
> bits applications, and I presume that the base OS will be running at 64
> bits. But I guess that if the armhf version of the platform libs is
> installed, it will be able to run unmodified armhf apps?

thanks to multiarch support in dpkg you should technically be able to
run them. practically i have no idea how much hackery to the system that
requires to get working though, after all you still have a readonly
system image (and i'm not sure how far the snappy support on the tablet
is yet, which would allow you to simply bundle the 32bit libs very
easily via snapcraft in case the changes would be harmful to the OS
itself).

ciao
	oli