Phone repair struggles and a bug(?) discovered as a result

Having waited for what seemed like an eternity for my new screen to arrive I have rejoined the 21st century. However even something as simple as getting a screen fitted is such a hassle! Firstly the phone repair shop insisted on warning me that they may not be able to fix it as it depends on whether I have the right screen. I reassured them that I do and they then started rambling on about it cosmetically matching and the connectors possibly not being right. I assured them I am 100% certain it is the right screen and they remained unconvinced, I gave up. I also regaled them with the tale of how annoying it is that the correct screen is so much more expensive than its android counterpart and how the buttons would not work because of this.

Upon returning 90 minutes later to collect my phone I was told they had not put it back together as 'the buttons do not work so the repair has failed'. They insisted I try it out before instructing them to close the phone up. I had to wait an extra hour to get it back, my phone is wonderful but sometimes it's a bit depressing how easily it can flummox some people who should know better!

And now on to the point of my post. Whilst my screen was broken and I had to go everywhere trailing from a mouse lead I discovered the untidy mess in the attached picture. Surely there must be a more tidy way for the web browser to present the top bar?