Re: Create a .click file of your installed program

Hi Cesar,

Looks like you haven't got any reply yet, so I'll try to provide some help.

As far as I know, the original click file which is downloaded from the app
store isn't saved on the device. However, most of its files are being
extracted to /opt/clicks.ubuntu.com.
The only difference I see when comparing my original sources with what is
in that directory is that the manifest file now lies in .click/info/.

So this is what I had luck with. I'm going to use my forum browser app as
an example:

1) cp -r /opt/click.ubuntu.com/com.ubuntu.developer.nikwen.forum-app ~
2) cd ~/com.ubuntu.developer.nikwen.forum-app/current
3) cp .click/info/com.ubuntu.developer.nikwen.forum-app.manifest
manifest.json
4) cd ..
5) click build current

This gave me a click file which I could install using the following command:

pkcon install-local com.ubuntu.developer.nikwen.forum-app_0.3.1_all.click
--allow-untrusted

It just won't be signed with the official appstore key like the one that
can be downloaded from the store. ;)

Cheers,
Niklas

PS: I might have to write a blog post about this...