Phone not rotating part 2 and sound issues

Well, I went back to the repair shop today to ask them if they may have somehow disconnected the accelerometer without meaning to but they were so hung up on the fact that the android buttons on the screen don't work that they were really having a different conversation to me! For some reason they were trying to say that if the accelerometer were disconnected then the screen wouldn't work at all. Thankfully BQ have been kind enough to offer to check it over for me, but unfortunately I can't be without the phone so for now this will have to wait.

On another topic has anyone else lost their SMS alert sounds? My phone stays silent even though it is set to make a sound. Also when ending a call it used to make a noise when it told me how much credit I have left. This only vibrates now. Software issue?