Re: Keyboard usability

Ferdinand, I'm pretty sure the T9 keyboard layout can be addressed via
the layouts (not yet) available in System Settings >  Language & Text
> Keyboard Layouts. You should file a feature request (bug report)
requesting the T9 layout. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-keyboard

Royden, The difficult cursor position *and* copy+paste handling must
be (further) improved too. I read in a YouTube review comparing phone
platforms (I think Jolla, Sailfish, Android, Windows Phone) that
Windows Phone is by far the best platform handling keyboard,
copy+paste! -- I believe there should be mentioned Ubuntu Touch one
day. That's be nice.

What is also missing is:

- voice input (being translated into text)
- dictionaries
- swype'ish text input, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2080510

Not sure if everything can only or must be provided by Canonical
through the platform, or if hooks for 3rd-party providers are also
planned (as on Android).

Peter