Re: gmail notifications

On Sunday, 28 February 2016 09:57:27 GMT, Gareth France <gareth.france@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/02/16 09:36, Hans-Peter wrote:
Hi to All

I don't get notifications if new mail arrives in my gmail mailbox. I'm pretty
sure, I got them when the phone was new (around OTA7).
gmail is still enabled in system settings/notifications.
Is this something I messed up or is this a know issue?

Cheers,
Hans-Peter

Gmail appears to make its own decisions about which emails I need to be notified of. It is very random and extremely annoying.

This is because the poll daemon only queries for unread messages with "is:unread category:personal in:inbox" [1] so you will only get notifications for mail gmail has categorised as personal and not for *all* new mail.
Cheers

Dan

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-push-hackers/account-polld/trunk/view/head:/plugins/gmail/gmail.go#L330

--