Re: Miracast - WiFi Displays

Hi,
I bought a very cheap Anycast M2 just to test it as well. It's about $20 in my country.It does work well on Android and Windows however it still doesn't work on my Nexus 7 with Silo 0.If you just want to test it out then I recommend it. But for long term, I suggest other brands.Also it supports DLNA, there's an app in Ubuntu Store called UPnP Present that can play your media on it.It only officially support sending images but actually you can choose music or videoa it'll still play ;)

      From: Heroldich Robin <robinhero@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: "ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2016 9:11 PM
 Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] Miracast - WiFi Displays

<!--#yiv4558378918 .yiv4558378918hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv4558378918 body.yiv4558378918hmmessage{font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}-->Hi all,

I have a Bq Aquaris E4.5 phone, so I can't test "convergence"  with the wired way. I read about the wireless souliton (aethercast) in the past. I've installed silo 0 on my phone and I have a new menu under the WiFi section, called WiFi Displays. I know it is in a very early stage, but I would like to help in the testing in the near future. So my question: My TV doesn't support Miracast (as I see on the screenshot, my neighbour's TV has :D ), I need to buy an adapter. Could somebody recommend me an adapter which will be work with my phone?