Re: Browser audio will stop if screen is locked or app is switched

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 10:37 AM, François DM <ledjazz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am having an annoying issue with my BQ Aquaris E5 HD.
>
> Basically whenever I listen to podcasts through the browser (soundcloud.com,
> franceculture.fr, etc.) I have to let the browser as the activated app.
>
> Otherwise, if I either lock the screen of the phone or switch to another app
> it stops rendering the audio (acts as a pause). This is a very annoying
> limitation.
>
> Is anyone having the same issue?

This is a known (and long-standing) issue. Oxide (the web engine that
powers the browser app) isn’t fully hooked to media-hub (which handles
media queuing and playback on behalf of applications). So as soon as
it goes into the background, it is suspended, thus pausing the
playback.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1471786 has more information. Note that a
way around that issue could be to create webapps for those specific
websites, using the --enable-media-hub-audio command-line parameter.

Or you could use podbird to listen to your favourite podcasts
(https://uappexplorer.com/app/com.mikeasoft.podbird).

HTH,

 Olivier