Landing team 07.03.16

Hello everyone,

So far only a few landings made their way into our overlay PPA: a new
webbrowser-app from Friday (small UI tweaks, bugfixes to the history
database) and a new ubuntu-system-settings. There's a few in the testing
queue though, one of which being a new ubuntu-system-image client
landing. This one is interesting because it should solve some of the
reported issues of failing to receive OTAs in certain cases. Hope it
will pass QA and land soon in rc-proposed (to be released with OTA-10).

>From other news: we might get the emulator unblocked soon - finally. A
new android release is being prepared in a silo that will hopefully fix
the input events being completely off when using the emulator [1], which
made it unusable with a mouse. We would still need to see if anything
else is broken, as any further testing was basically blocked because of
the mouse-input issue. Hopefully we'll be able to finally release a new
stable image for the generic device by the time of OTA-10.

Another note: no devel promotion this week as devel-proposed currently
does not boot. The issue is known and being investigated, but so far no
definite solution has been found [2].

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#274 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/274.commitlog

#268 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/268.commitlog

#263 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/263.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start [2]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken [1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

** Unity8 is crashing in the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1535583

Best regards,