Re: Mi Band for Ubuntu Touch

I have a couple of those, one based on the TW64 and the other is from Aldi and is a rebadged www.cranesportsconnect.com device. They are different, but they all use bluetooth LE (AKA bluetooth Smart/bluetooth 4.0) and they use some undocumented profiles to get data in and out. I am not sure that the phone has got the BLE GATT stuff enabled yet to talk to these devices, I know it didn't at launch time but maybe a new bluez library has activated that. It seems that the first step is getting stuff out of it by using something like gatttool on the desktop. The disappointing thing is that it would appear that there isn't a standard API for talking to all these fitness trackers. They kind of need a driver or abstraction layer to separate the proprietary details from the UI.

Alan.