Landing team 17.03.16

Hello everyone,

Today we had a bit less spectacular landing day, at least from the
number of packages migrating to our archives: only a new ofono with
mostly turbo device enablement changes. QA is in the middle of testing
the big Unity8 OOBE and UI changes silo which we suppose will land
somewhere around tomorrow. Some additional tweaks and bugfixes will be
needed for it still, but there's next week for all the final touches.

We are also still waiting for custom tarball updates for all our
commercial-device channels (bq-aquaris*, meizu*). One of the changes
required there is the addition of the 3 new default apps we already
mentioned: uNav, Dekko and calendar-app. But first, of course, this will
have to go through our QA.

Using the occasion I would like to encourage all the talented developers
to contribute to our core Ubuntu Touch components. There are multiple
bugs/features we are unable to address right now due to obvious time
constrains, which can be easily tackled by skilled coders in our
community. Check our launchpad project pages for Unity8, ofono, Mir or
any others and feel free to contact team owners for pointers (e-mail or
IRC). We can do so much more together!
We'll try to create a small list of pending good-to-start-from issues in
the nearest day, as already planned some months ago.

Thanks and see you tomorrow!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#285 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/285.commitlog
#284 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/284.commitlog

#279 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/279.commitlog
#278 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/278.commitlog

#274 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/274.commitlog
#273 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/273.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** Manually installed apps removed by new system image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1558032

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak