Announcement: Ubuntu Touch outdated framework deprecation

Hello everyone!

This is an announcement targeted for Ubuntu Touch application developers.

As you all know we currently provide multiple frameworks with our stable
images, most of which are old and actually come even from early
development times. We decided to do some cleaning up, so we want to
start deprecating no longer supported frameworks.

We'll start off with the oldest and less used frameworks - most are
those with the -dev suffix, meaning never really intended for stable
releases.
First ones that we want to get rid of in the nearest updates are:

 * ubuntu-sdk-13.10
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.04-dev1
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.04-html-dev1
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.04-papi-dev1
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.04-qml-dev1
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.10-dev2
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.10-html-dev2
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.10-qml-dev2
 * ubuntu-sdk-14.10-qml-dev3

Statistics from the store (thanks to Alan Pope) show that we currently
have 185 apps/scopes using the aforementioned frameworks. If you're  an
application developer and one of your apps/scopes still depends on one
of these frameworks, please re-base it on the latest available in the
stable channel and re-upload to the store.

Bug tracking the whole process:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1555782

We will be performing the removal somewhere mid-next-week.

Thank you!

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak