Re: How to backup

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 19:50:36 CET, Gareth France <gareth.france@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 22/03/16 18:47, Neil McPhail wrote:

On 22/03/16 18:43, Gareth France wrote:
I'm about to try reflashing my phone and in another thread was advise of what to back up. However now I've come to do it I've realised connecting my phone to my laptop gives me Documents, Downloads, Music etc with no way to get to the root directory. Accessing via SSH does but I have no idea how to copy off the device with this.

So how exactly do I connect via cable to the root directory and say copy x off phone into y on laptop?

Cheers

Open Nautilus, press "Ctrl-L", type "ssh://your.phone.ip.address" into the box. Drag and drop. Should work OK.

NMP

Great, but how do I know the phone's IP?

Hi,

Install net-info. Or in terminal 'ifconfig.

Regards R

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device